Position title: Director of Patient Experience (Australia)
Reporting to: CEO, Energesse
Energesse, a leader in improving patient experience and consumer engagement in the health industry is looking for a professional who is passionate about improving healthcare experiences in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
Overall purpose of the role
Manage client relationships and project implementation. This role will ideally suit an all-rounder individual with appropriate technical skills and a relationship focus, who wants to work within an innovative, international niche health business and grow its social impact. You will be mentored by an experienced CEO and learn from other experts in the team.
About the Role:
Do you want to help improve an industry where patients are respected and engaged in their care? Do you want to help healthcare organizations engage their staff in improvement? Do you enjoy travelling and working on people, processes and systems? If you answered YES these questions, this role could be for you.
The Director of Patient Experience will be part of a passionate team that will drive and support the expansion of patient-centered approaches to healthcare organizations in the region. The ideal candidate will be responsible for guiding, motivating, and supporting the patient journey of an array of healthcare organizations across the continuum of care.
To be successful, you must be:
Passionate on implementing innovation and positive change in healthcare; flexible and energetic (comfortable with growth and ambiguity); collaborative (willing to give and receive feedback); nurturing and empathetic with people; results oriented; love continuous learning, looking for purpose, meaning and loving your work.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic setting with multiple competing priorities. As an international company based in Australia, the specialist should be comfortable engaging in professional communication with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures while having fun.
The role has the flexibility of being structured as a full-time or 4 day/wk part-time role, subject to the skills and preferences of the right candidate.
- Advance relationships with assigned clients, providing a great customer experience and ensuring a positive partnership
- Act as a confidant and adviser to senior leaders at healthcare organizations
- Operationally manage the implementation of the approach at assigned clients
- Coach and support staff at healthcare organizations with the implementation of patient-centred approaches, including public speaking and workshop facilitation.
- Continuously evolve and improve tools to stay ahead of changes in healthcare.
- Assist in the development of new service lines and introduce products and services that will advance our clients.
- Work with partners in Australia, UK and overseas on businessdevelopment of our IT, advisory and research solutions
- Organise and lead training sessions for clients.
- Present software functionality to prospective new clients and diverse audiences and manage the sales process through to implementation
- Provide customer support for our consulting, training and technology solutions to existing clients as appropriate.
- Produce analytical reports for clients which include public and private sector organisations (training will be provided).
- Support marketing and communications (digital and print) for clients as well as write or manage communication copy where appropriate
- Provide leadership and support shared learning internally and with partner organisations
- Collaborate with internal team on legal, finances, HR and administrative tasks, including travel arrangements and expenses
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as and when required to do so.
This position requires approx. 20-40% domestic travel and possible international travel, subject to your success and ambitions.
Based in Sydney or Melbourne, Australia.
• Educated to degree level is preferred.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- 3+ years’ experience in patient experience management/leadership roles OR customer experience management/leadership roles with healthcare exposure
- 3+ years’ experience in project management or account management or relationship management- track record of project management that supports change and meaningful outcomes or managing the performance of multiple sites in different locations.
- 3+ years’ experience in digital health technologies either in implementation or as a super-user
- Critical thinking skills – ability and experience consolidating data sets into themes and recommendations, including qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting in clinical or non-clinical roles.
- Advanced communication and/or coaching skills- both written and verbal.
- Experience applying performance improvement methodologies.
General Abilities and Skills Required:
Interpersonal skills – at developing relationships over the phone; Capable of collecting information remotely; Comfortable working without all of the facts;
Student– always looking to learn and grow; Can give and receive constructive feedback; Team oriented- interested in helping the team win over personal advancement.
Team player and coordination: Strong process orientation and enjoys structure, flexible, friendly, self-aware;
Time management– ability to prioritize, multitask and juggle multiple projects and deadlines;
Creative and comfortable doing more with less resource
Proactive – looking 2 steps ahead. Excellent attention to detail.
Proficiency in Excel (entry and management of data); Comfortable building professional presentations in PowerPoint; Adept at reports in Word; Competent in CRM tools.
The remuneration package includes a salary subject to negotiation and suitability of the candidate with requirements. Contact us for more information or email your CV (max. 4 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 page) to Olivia@energesse.com