It’s been a whistlestop tour for leading innovation expert Darrell Mann, who was in Australia to present several lectures on New Ways of Measuring Outcomes. Many thanks to Australian Hospitals and Healthcare Association and the NZ Trade and Enterprise for helping promote the events.
Darrell explained how deeper consumer insights allowed significant improvements to be achieved when hospitals in the UK redesigned services accordingly. In other industries, Darrell’s methods have created billions of dollars in value to organizations such as Procter & Gamble, Siemens, NASA and Rolls Royce.
If you recall, the Future Solutions in Australian Healthcare White Paper called for the healthcare system to be more ‘consumer focussed’ and to align funding models to what’s most important for patients. Well, in order to achieve that, we firstly need to more accurate evidence on what consumers’ needs, thoughts and emotional barriers actually are, rather than make traditional assumptions about them!
Many organizations in healthcare are getting smarter by conducting consumer surveys or including consumer representatives on their expert panels or advisory boards. This is a good start, yet it can occasionally be challenging for even a team of experts to accurately predict the needs of tens of thousands of people without objective data from local users of the system. Survey methodology can also often be biased, based on how the questions are asked and who actually responds to them (e.g. the ‘loudest’ voices are most often heard).
The most objective insights and innovative solutions therefore come from understanding the REAL VOICES and EXPERIENCES of front line staff and consumers, and translating that data into useful insights for better management decisions.
You can watch Darrell’s webinar on:
- How the UK’s National Health System has moved to measurement of patient’s experiences, using data from a national website
- Which types of surveys are better than others for gaining true consumer insights
- How to better use qualitative ‘big data’ to gain deep insights, some of which is ‘untapped goldmine’ in an organisation’s IT systems
- Case studies of how service pathways and consumer journeys were improved using these insights (and how some solutions didn’t cost very much at all!)
- The science behind Pansensic technology and its ability to assess consumer keywords and metaphors to uncover the hidden truth in consumer feedback
Subscribe for Insights from Dr Avi & Energesse
Please fill in your details to stay updated.
Dr Avi specialises in insights and strategies to improve patient and customer experience.
Contact: +61 2 8091 0918